Early Decision for the School of Osteopathic Medicine is a suitable option for well-qualified candidates who know they wish to attend Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine. In order to be considered for the Early Decision program, the candidate must apply only to Campbell.
Early Decision application procedure
- All application materials must be received by AACOMAS on or before July 15th
- Applicants must have a 3.5 science GPA or above
- MCAT of the 500 / 50th percentile or above overall, as well as in each section
- Early Decision applicants must also refrain from applying to other schools until a decision on their acceptance has been made by the admissions committee
- English: One Year (6 semester hours/ 8 quarter hours) Please note that we will accept other reading and/or writing intensive courses in lieu of English.
- Biological sciences: 1 year with lab (8 semester hours/12 quarter hours)
- Physics: 1 year (6 to 8 semester hours/ 9 to 12 quarter hours)
- General/Inorganic Chemistry: 1 year with lab (8 semester hours/12 quarter hours)
- Organic Chemistry: 1 year with lab (8 semester hours/12 quarter hours) Note: 1 semester of Organic Chemistry may be substituted with one semester of Biochemistry with lab.
- Six additional upper level (300-400 or beyond) science hours. Note: The following courses are highly recommended – Biochemistry, Genetics, Immunology Microbiology and Anatomy & Physiology.
Guaranteed interview process for Campbell University students
This is only applicable to Campbell University undergraduate students who meet the following requirements:
- Minimum science and overall GPA of 3.30.
- A recent MCAT score of 500/ 50th percentile or above, a score of 8 or higher in biology or with a score of 124 or above in Biological and Biochemical Foundations of Living Systems (BBFLS)
- Submit an application, transcripts from all institutions attended and MCAT scores to AACOMAS in June/July of senior year
- Receive a positive evaluation from the college pertaining to their major
Campbell University undergraduate students that meet the above criteria will have:
- Guaranteed interview granted in September of senior year
- Guaranteed decision to be made within two weeks of interview