The mission of the Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM) is to educate and prepare community–based osteopathic physicians in a Christian environment to care for the rural and underserved populations in North Carolina, the Southeastern United States and the nation.
Our faculty, staff and students value teamwork, leadership, professionalism, integrity, diversity, and the ethical treatment of all humanity.
Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine is informed and guided by goals for the purpose of educating osteopathic physicians who are well trained, socially minded clinicians that practice evidence based medicine:
- To recruit and graduate osteopathic medical students who are committed to serving in rural and underserved areas throughout North Carolina, Southeastern United States, and the nation.
- To recruit a diverse student body who have a desire to serve a rural and underserved population.
- To recruit students from North Carolina, Southeastern United States, and the nation.
- To educate osteopathic medical students in the art and science of osteopathic medicine using the most current research in clinical and basic science.
- To provide osteopathic medical education that is holistic in its approach, evidence based, community focused, and patient centered. Treating the patient as an integrated whole, mind, body and spirit.
- To contribute to the fund of osteopathic medical knowledge through educational, scientific and clinical research and other scholarly activity.
- To develop outreach sites in rural and underserved North Carolina to provide educational services and healthcare to our region.
- To develop a sustainable international medical missions program to train clinicians for underserved areas of North Carolina, the United States and the developing world.
- To collaborate with our hospitals and other partners to provide healthcare and other educational services to our region.
- To develop postgraduate training programs in collaboration with other institutions so that our medical students have training programs upon graduation.
The Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM) Strategic Plan is informed by, and aligned with, CUSOM’s Mission Statement, Values, and Goals. The Strategic Planning process, which follows a 5-year cycle, is led by the CUSOM Strategic Planning Committee. The Committee, comprised of CUSOM students, faculty, and staff, reviews and revises the CUSOM Strategic Plan while ensuring alignment within and under the larger University context.
Click to review CUSOM’s Strategic Plan