Complete Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
All applicants applying for federal student loans must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA becomes available on October 1 of each year for the following school year.
- Visit FAFSA.gov.
- Start a new FAFSA and complete all required fields.
- Campbell University’s federal school code is 002913.
Notification of awards
Upon completion of your FAFSA, the Office of Financial Aid will determine your federal aid eligibility. A financial aid award will follow by email to your Campbell University email address. Along with the award letter, instructions are included on how to accept your federal student loans.
Per federal government regulations, all students must complete Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Notes (MPN) on or after May 1.
- If interested in a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan, a Direct Unsubsidized MPN must be completed.
- Applicants who wish to accept a Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan must complete the PLUS Loan Request Process and the Graduate PLUS MPN.
- Federal Loans will not disburse until the above requirements are completed by the student.
Once loans are disbursed, the Bursar’s Office will deduct tuition and fees first. If a student has excess funds after tuition and fees are paid, he or she may obtain those funds as a financial aid refund.
To receive your financial aid refund, you must sign up for direct deposit with Campbell University. Instructions on signing up for direct deposit will be sent via email. Once direct deposit information is received, your financial aid refunds will be directly deposited into the bank account that is specified.
Contact Financial Aid
Office of Financial Aid
For any loan-related matters, please contact:
Financial Aid Loan Team
Phone: 910- 893-1314